Elevate your next get-together by serving up a home baked afternoon treat designed to perfectly pair with your L’Ormarins Cap Classique.
60ml lime juice
12 egg yolks, reserving the whites
2 limes, zest finely grated
4 sprigs fresh thyme, plucked and
finely chop the leaves
300g caster sugar
300ml vegetable oil
200g cake flour
50g corn flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 160˚C.
2. For the sponge, grease and line two 20cm springform cake tins.
3. Combine the milk and lime juice, set aside to curdle.
4. In your mixers mixing bowl, combine the yolks, lime zest, thyme, sugar and oil, whip till pale and thick.
5. Sieve together the flour, corn flour, baking powder and bicarb.
6. While slowly whisking, add the curdled milk until combined.
7. Remove the bowl from your mixer and incorporate the dry ingredients gently.
8. Divide the batter between the tins and bake for 25-30 minutes or until your skewer comes out clean.